Blog Archive

Saturday 30 July 2022

Cryptic 110

Hello again.
Today is the blog's second birthday.
It's honestly crazy to me just how much my life has changed in the past two years, most of which is thanks to my now just-over-two-year-old son.
Today's puzzle will be the last puzzle I post to this blog, I think. Certainly the last regular one. I'm striving to have something published in a UK paper and it seems silly if the puzzles I'm making here are good enough for publication that I don't submit them somewhere... but at the same time if they aren't good enough for a paper then why am I posting them here and not striving to make them better?
On the one hand, I don't want to slow down the rate at which I produce puzzles. It's a hobby that's kept me relatively sane for the past 24 months and without it I wouldn't have met so many wonderful people - you know who you are.
That being said, anything I do make that I don't submit (or is rejected) will appear on MyCrossword. The site's continuing to grow and I would recommend any other budding setters check out the puzzles being posted there, with huge thanks to Raider for putting it together. Today's puzzle was tested by GAIS and Jack have been there since the beginning and between them have tested probably 80% or so of the puzzles on this blog.
And that's it, I think. Ta-ra for now.
I hope you enjoy the solve.
Regards,
MP

1 comment:

  1. Thank you again for another wonderful puzzle, MP. Yes, sad this is the last one here, but very happy and looking forward to all that the future holds. <3

    ReplyDelete