Blog Archive

Saturday 22 January 2022

Cryptic 89

Hello again.
On the 4th of January the Independent published a puzzle by Filbert in which every clue referenced cricket. It was a thoroughly enjoyable affair, requiring a very limited knowledge of cricket (mostly abbreviations and such). I'd definitely recommend giving it a go if you haven't by clicking here and choosing the 4th of January 2022 from the list.
So I, being me, decided to make my own such puzzle - in which every clue references football (or soccer, whichever you prefer). Again, in depth sporting knowledge should not actually be required but I confess to a few actual footballing references being included.
Oh, and thank you to everyone who solved the MyCrossword puzzle, the feedback has been great. Again I welcome all feedback, so feel free to contact me here, on Twitter or in my Discord. I hope you enjoy the solve(s).
Regards,
MP

No comments:

Post a Comment